Being a woman is a beautiful thing. We have the ability to do incredible things with our bodies, minds and hearts. We are powerful and charismatic. We are beautiful and full of life. However, there are some times in our lives when we don’t feel like any of that (emphasis on feel). Sometimes during PMS and Menopause we feel the exact opposite of all of these wonderful things. You deserve to feel beautiful regardless of what your hormones are doing, and we want to help. Here are some tips on lessening the symptoms that accompany PMS and Menopause:
PMS Symptoms & Treatments
How to make it less miserable? Even though you don’t feel your best, just know that it is just a feeling that is mostly driven by hormones. Take solace in the fact that this feeling will only last a few days. You should also try these things:
- Yoga: This will help get your blood flowing and relieve some of those aches and pains that often accompany your time of month.
- Heating Pad On aches and cramps: Heating pads do wonders for relieving cramping. Sit down, relax and plug one in.
- Avoid Salt, Sugar and alcohol: Even though you’ll be craving junk food and some wine, it’s best to avoid these things. Eating them will make you feel more tired and more bloated.
- Birth Control: If you are seriously having a hard time dealing with your menstrual cycle, it may be time to talk to your gynecologist about getting put on birth control to treat your symptoms.
Menopause Symptoms & Treatments
– Mood swings
How to make it less miserable? Your body is making a major changes and as a result you are responding in numerous ways. While you may feel like you are losing your femininity, know that this period of your life is a sign that you’re becoming a more mature woman. With that in mind, try the following:
- Physical Activity: It’s important that you stay active during this transition to maintain overall health.
- Dress in Layers: Hot flashes are inevitable, so wherever you go dress in layers so you are prepared to shed layers as necessary.
- Avoid Hot Flash Triggers: Spicy foods, stress, and hot places can trigger hot flashes. Avoid these triggers whenever possible.
- Lubricant and vaginal moisturizer: If you suffer from vaginal dryness, there are several over the counter products to help you. Try KY jellies for lubrication and Replens for vaginal moisturizing.
- Hormone Replacement: If you are really having a hard time with your menopause symptoms, it may be time to talk to a doctor about hormone replacement therapy. This can help with a lot of the symptoms you’ll have.
Additional Options for Treating Symptoms of PMS & Menopause
If you are trying to avoid getting on birth control or hormone replacement to treat the symptoms of PMS and Menopause, you do have options. There are several products out there that treat these symptoms using natural ingredients. Usually these formulas range from $20-30. One of the brands we trust comes from Blue Earth Nutrition. BelleVie drops from Blue Earth Nutrition are formulated with Chaste Tree Berry, Dong Quai, Black Cohosh, Wild Yam. All of these ingredients naturally treat some of the worst symptoms associated with PMS and Menopause including fatigue, acne, mood swings, vaginal dryness, hormone imbalances and many more. BelleVie is available through Amazon only. You can learn more about it by clicking here