Loading Phase (Phase 1): Gaining Before Losing
- The stage of “gain before loss.” This is a period of two days, where patients are asked to force feed to maximum capacity.
- If a patient’s condition is very low, they are asked to eat to capacity for a full week. If a patient is in a satisfactory general condition, they begin force feeding on the day of their first drops.
- There are many reasons for this feasting, one of which is to stock the normal fat reserves before cutting the diet down to 500 calories per day.
- Patients are asked to eat the most fattening foods possible, up until the day of the fourth drops. Patients are not asked to begin eating the limit of 500 calories until three drops have been taken, since it takes that amount of time for the hormone to start circulating fat in the body and making the abnormal fat deposits available.
- The first three drops can often be referred to as “non-effective,” since they are preparing the body for the subsequent “effective” drops which aim to deplete the abnormal fat reserves that have become available on day three. Some patients may be afraid of eating so many calories in the days leading up to phase 2, but all weight gained (which can often be 4-6 pounds in 24 hours), is lost in the first 48 hours of dieting.
- The feasting re-stocks depleted normal fat reserves in obese patients, and the hormone draws on abnormal fat deposits only, leading to an overall healthier body.
- Foods that should be eaten during this period of full-capacity eating include milk chocolate, pastries with whipped cream, fried meats (especially pork), eggs and bacon, mayonnaise, bread with butter or jar, and any other fattening foods.
- Simeons emphasizes that concerns about this kind of eating are unfounded, and patients who follow this protocol will be rewarded with results later on.
- He also points out that during the two days of forced feeding between the first and third cycles of drops, some patients have noticed that they do not actually gain much weight, and in some cases have even lost weight. This can be due to proper hydration during the diet, and the release of excess water from the body, or the increased protein intake, which can also limit retained water.
Phase 2: Beginning of HCG Drops and 500 Calorie Diet
Phase 2 Basics
- The HCG injection, pill, and drop phase, also known as phase 2 is the bulk of the treatment and lasts the most amount of time.
- Each meal in Phase 2 includes 100g of meat, 3.5 ounces of vegetables, a fruit and slice of bread.
- HCG Dieters follow a 500 calorie diet and take drops for either 26 or 40 days.
- Dieters follow a strict protocol of what to eat and how much of eat to eat
- For women, the best time to start taking the HCG hormone is immediately after her period. If needed, treatment can start later, but should be done within 10 days of a period. Also to note, at least three cycles of drops should be given after the period, followed by the normal three days of dieting.
First Days of Phase 2
- On the first few days, some patients claim that they feel a difference, others feel very little. Check out more information on what to expect on your first week of HCG treatment here.
- Some common symptoms such as mild headaches or increased hunger can occur when first starting treatment, but generally subside. As patients move into the second and third day of the 500 calorie diet, which coincides with the fifth and sixth cycles of drops, patients should start seeing a weight loss of around two pounds per day.
- At around the third day, different experiences can begin to develop depending on how the forced feeding, also known as the “loading days” went.
- Patients who ate at their full capacity often feel much better, lighter and clear-headed. Those who have ignored the instructions of loading days, can instead feel minor discomforts for the first week. When patients reach the fourth and fifth day of dieting, the weight loss amounts begin to drop down and settle at an average of around 1 pound per day.
- Men often lose weight more consistently over the 23 or 40 days, whereas women can go through fluctuations when it comes to average weight loss per day.
Phase 3 and Post-Diet Basics
- The final phase is referred to as the stabilization phase, maintenance phase or simply, phase 3.
- In this phase, patients have completed their injections or drops and follow the 500 calorie diet for 3 more days as they finish out the program.
- After that, the daily caloric intake will begin to rise once again to a normal amount of calories, and patients can go on with their regular eating routine.
- The body can create a tolerance to the HCG hormone, and as a result, the lack of calories will leave dieters weak and malnourished.
- Another problem is being too eager to increase caloric intake following the diet.
- Patients begin to realize that they can eat fairly normally without regaining any of the weight.
- Simeons protocol states that during this time, however, they should avoid sugar and starch for a while. Small amounts of foods such as egg, cheese or milk should be introduced slowly and carefully, not all at once.
- Easing the body back into consuming more calories should be done in small increments to help it better adjust.
- When it comes to protein, the opposite should occur. Patients are encouraged to consume a large amount of protein in order to make up for any deficiency while on the HCG diet. Foods such as eggs, steak, and cheese can all be consumed in large quantities during the days following treatment.
How to Take HCG Drops
HCG Drops and the Human Brain
- While developing the HCG diet, Dr. Simeons was examining the diencephalon, a part of the brain and central nervous system that controls most automatic animal functions of the body, including breathing, heartbeat, digestion, sleep, sex and the urinary system.
- Historically, from an evolutionary view, the diencephalon is one of the oldest organs in the body, dating back to more than 500 million years ago. It is one of the main reasons that we have been able to evolve as a species.
- The diencephalon is balanced perfectly in the body, and any alterations to it must be done carefully, while taking other parts of the digestive and nervous system into account. When a patient is obese, the balance of the diencephalon is off and can only be “restored,” as Simeons puts it, by following the technique laid out in his protocol.
- Simeons’ stresses the little details and ensuring that his teachings are followed carefully and exactly. Dieters who raise their caloric intake to 600 or 800 from the requested 500, will fail to see the results outlined through this program. Similarly, the dosage of the HCG hormone must not be exceeded, which can often reverse results.
Liquid B12 Complex
Naturally increase your energy while on any diet with essential vitamins. Liquid B12 is the perfect energy booster to pick you up during the day!
HCG Cautions and Warnings
- The HCG is not simply something you can take-up without research and that “any patient who thinks he can reduce by taking a few ‘shots’ and eating less is not only sure to be disappointed but may be heading for serious trouble.”
- While the hormone can provide incredible benefits and results in just a few weeks, the way in which it should be done is strict, but easy to follow.
- The most important thing, is to follow a physician’s instructions when thinking about joining the HCG diet.
Interruptions to Losing Weight
Stalls, Plateaus and Apple Days
1. During the first few days of taking the hormone, body is still working to lose the weight from the loading days. Patients may not see consistent numbers until the fourth or fifth day of dieting.
2. The second type of interruption is known as “the plateau” which can occur during the second half of a full 40 day course. Patients who have lost more than the average of one pound per day, can see a 4-6 day stall in which their weight remains relatively the same. However, plateaus always correct themselves, and should not be of concern.
3. The third interruption can last ten days to two weeks, which can often be avoided due to the fact that it is most often found in patients that for some period of time in their lives, maintained a fixed degree of obesity for ten or more years. When this previous weight is reached once again, it can stall the weight loss for up to two weeks, despite taking the HCG hormone and following the diet.
4. The final interruption is a menstrual interruption, in which weight loss is stopped a few days before and during the menstrual period. Simeons also notes that if a woman becomes pregnant while following the HCG diet, weight loss will most likely cease.
Specific HCG Situations
Immunity, Menstruation, Common Conditions
HCG Hormone Immunity
- Dr. Simeons explains that the reason for stopping at 40 days is due to the fact that certain patients can show an immunity to the HCG hormone.
- Simeons states that it is relatively unknown why this might occur, but the breakdown of HCG in the body might occur faster, with less overall effects.
- After the 40 days of treatment, Simeons observed that it takes around six weeks for this immunity to resolve itself and the HCG hormone can become effective again.
- Signs of this immunity can be a sudden feeling of hunger in the final days of treatment, something that was absent in previous days.
- Patients should continue to monitor their hunger and fatigue levels during the full 40 days of treatment to ensure that the hormone is working correctly. If they begin to look weak, tired and fatigued, treatment should stop immediately, due to the fact that any further weight loss can begin to eat away at normal fat, which is then regained after treatment has ceased.
Women Taking HCG Hormone
- During menstruation, drops should not be taken, but the diet can be continued.
- Once menstruation has ended, drops should be continued right away, as to not leave the patient feeling extremely hungry without the hormone.
- If patients find themselves to be hungry, there are a few ways to curb hunger while on the HCG Diet.
- Simeons also makes note that with teenaged girls, their periods may in rare cases, be delayed or sometimes stop altogether while taking the HCG hormone.
Specific HCG Situations
Immunity, Menstruation, Common Conditions
While 60-70% of patients experience little or no difficulty in holding their weight off permanently, some relapses can still occur. It is important to know that without carefully watching the body in the days and weeks following treatment, weight can quickly be put back on.
For women, pregnancy or menopause can often cause a reverse of previous treatment as weight is put back on. Teenage girls often suffer from compulsive eating, and are likely to relapse if not managed carefully.
While relapses do occur, Simeons emphasizes that patients can come back for multiple treatments, and he observed that multiple courses can often prove to be even more satisfactory than a single course.
At the end of his manuscript, Simeons states that the HCG method “involves a highly complex bodily mechanism” and emphasizes that “it is useless to hand the patient a diet-sheet and let the nurse give him a shot.”
In order for patients to see the full effect of what the HCG diet can do for them, they must research, learn and understand what is going on in their bodies and the various steps it takes to see results.
Simeons developed a program that is repeatable, sustainable and gets results. Following the plan closely and researching as much as possible before treatment is the best way to enjoy the pleasures of weight loss.
Why Buy From HCGdiet.com?
HCG DIET DROPS PRODUCTS
Our commitment is to our customers. We are dedicated in providing not only amazing products but fantastic support! We provide all the products you need to have a successful experience while on the HCG Diet.
Give us a call today 1-877-485-1303
Why Buy From HCGdiet.com?
HCG APPROVED RECIPES
HCG Diet Recipes and Menus. Discover tons of recipes and meal ideas for the HCGDiet. With only 500 calories you can still eat what you love.