SERVINGS: 14 CUPS
SLOW COOKER CABBAGE SOUP
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOK TIME: 5 HRS
TOTAL TIME: 5 HRS 15 MINS
Cabbage Soup is a great fall time recipe! It’s vibrant, healthy and totally delicious. This easy cabbage soup recipe has loads of fresh vegetables and of course cabbage all simmered in a delicious broth!
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 4 cups cabbage chopped (approx. 1/4 head of cabbage)
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 cup green beans chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 2 whole bell peppers chopped
- 1-28 oz can low sodium diced tomatoes
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 cups fresh spinach coarsely chopped
Combine all vegetables in a large crock pot.
Add canned tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, bay leaves, italian seasoning, pepper and stir to combine.
Cover and cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 8 hours.
Once cooked, add parsley, basil and spinach and cook for 5 minutes more.
Calories: 40, Sodium: 64mg, Potassium: 258mg, Carbohydrates: 6g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin A: 44.6%, Vitamin C: 39.4%, Calcium: 2.8%, Iron: 3.8%
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)