In this section of the HCG Diet Guide Book we will discuss the Do’s and don’ts of doing the HCG Diet. Questions like: Should I Exercise on the HCG Diet? Food subsitutions on the HCG Diet, Eating Meat on the HCG Diet, Good supplements while on the HCG Diet, Mints and chewing gum, Cosmetics? Really?
Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
What are some additional vegetables approved to eat while on the HCG Diet?
- Broccoli, cauliflower, and peppers seem to pose no problem to the diet.
- If losing slows or stops, stick to the vegetables on the original protocol.
Are there any food I can substitute while on the HCG Diet?
- Occasionally eggs may be eaten in place of meat. Add three egg whites to one whole egg. Boil, poach or cook with no oil.
- 100 grams of cottage cheese made from skimmed milk may occasionally be used instead of the meat.
What types of beef should I avoid while on the HCG Diet?
American beef has more calories and is marbled with fat. Therefore, low-grade veal should be used.
Should I use supplements while on the HCG Diet?
- A good multi-vitamin is highly recommended.
- B vitamin complex with high level of B12 and B6 is recommended.
- Our Slim Protein shake is a perfect supplement for your protein serving.
Can I eat hard / soft candy, breath mints or chew gum while on the HCG Diet?
- Do not eat candy or use mints on the diet. Use only naturally sweetened, sugar free low calorie chewing gum. HCGDiet.com sales approved Xilo chewing gum. It is important to utilize gum as a breath freshener as your breath will stink while on any diet.
Can I exercise while on the HCG Diet?
- Light exercise, like walking or yoga, is recommended.
- Avoid more demanding exercise like aerobics and running.
I heard I need to be careful of the cosmetics I use while on the HCG Diet?
Most makeups and lotions are made with fatty materials that are absorbed by the body just as if they had been eaten and will disrupt fat loss while on the diet. Here are a few ideas and approved products.
- Face Lotion – Neutrogena Oil-free Moisture Face lotion
- Body Lotion – Aloe Vera gel or mineral oil
- Makeup – Mineral makeup
- Lips and Eyes – There is no restriction on the use of lip or eye makeup
- Hair – Any shampoo or conditioner is okay if you rinse thoroughly after each use. Leave in conditioner is discouraged.
Is there anything I can use as a sugar substitute?
Stevia is a sugar substitute that is 100% allowed on the Diet. It is all natural and has 0 calories. Other artificial sweeteners like Splenda, Sweet n Low, Nutrasweet and Equal contain ingredients like saccharin, sucralose and aspartame, should not be used on the Diet.
HCG Diet has brought to you Trulicious a natural sweetener that is HCG approved. Made with the perfect blend of Stevia, Monk Fruit and erythritol Trulicious is the best tasting natural sweetener on the market. Well we think so. Learn more about Trulicious.
I heard I will get headaches while on the HCG ?
HCG is a detox and everyone responds differently to detoxing. A headache, fatigue or light-headedness are common on days the first week. Take it easy these days and if needed take Acetaminophen or Ibuprofan. This is your body detoxing and will pass quickly.
Digestion and bowel movements on the HCG Diet
Owing to the restricted diet it is perfectly normal to have a bowel movement only once every three to four days. Drink plenty of water to stay regular! If discomfort persists, try Smooth Move Tea, available at most grocery stores and health food stores.
Can vegetarians do the HCG Diet?
Vegetarians can have great success on the HCG Diet! Good meat substitutes are tofu, Boca burgers, 500 cc of skim milk/day, 100 grams of cottage cheese made from skim milk, or egg whites (see substitutions).
Having extra portions of vegetables is a great method. Look for meat substitutes with high protein, low-carb, and no sugar.
What can I use as a plateau breaker while on the HCG Diet?
Daily weight loss interruptions can happen for a variety of reasons. For instance, variations in the retention and elimination of water, or a woman’s menstrual cycle. Most people will eventually hit a plateau while on the HCG diet (3-4 days with no weight-loss). Dr. Simeons explains that a plateau will always correct itself, however it is permissible to break it up with an “apple day” (explained below). Other mild plateau breakers or weight loss aids are listed here for your benefit. Lower sodium intake any time you notice a delay in weight loss.
An apple day begins at lunch and continues until just before lunch the next day. Eat at least 6 large apples throughout the day and only drink enough water to quench your thirst.
Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
Stir 2 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar in one large glass of water, then add stevia to taste. Drink with a straw. Can be taken in any quantity.
Lemonade drink plateau breaker
HCG Diet provides on it’s site an amazing cali kicker drink that is completely HCG compatible. If you have not ordered it yet its time you do and get it in your kitchen. Learn More about the Lemonade Diet Drink.
- Increase your water intake.
- Add a glass or two of green tea daily.
- Don’t eat more than one apple a day, cut down apple size, or cut apples all together.
- Cut beef down or out.
- Check all condiments for sugar.
- Don’t mix vegetables.
- Leave out one or both bread sticks or Melba toasts.
- Don’t eat out.
- No diet drinks or cheats!
- Evaluate your beauty products usage.
- Only use protocol approved foods.
- While constricting your calorie intake learn how to eat healthy. This will help you continue your healthy lifestyle once off the diet. If you don’t take the time to learn proper eating habits once off the diet you will increase your calorie intake with the same foods that got you to gain the weight in the first place.
- Stay positive! You can do this. We know you can we have seen thousands shed the weight and stay motivated to keep it off. Don’t get discouraged if you do call us we are willing to talk!