Each day is filled with challenges and choices that can be stressful. It is important that we do not allow ourselves to get too stressed out and sad. Ever notice how when you feel happy you feel motivated and ready to conquer the world? Happiness starts with you, and it’s important to focus on positive thoughts and feelings, especially when you are trying to get healthy! It’s time to discover reasons and ways to smile.
33 Things To Help You Smile
My grandpa used to sing to me if he saw me with a frowny face. It goes like this …“If by chance you meet a frown do not let it stay! Quickly turn it upside down and smile that frown away!” And it was so hard to be sad after Hearing that cute song and seeing his big grin. So I will sing it to you and say “smile that frown away”. There is so many things to be happy about. If you are feeling sluggish, sad, unmotivated, and blue here are a few thing to help you get out of the dumps and find your smile.
- If you are overwhelmed, simplify your thoughts. Put your to do list and stack of work aside and Start Breathing in and out and saying positive affirmations to yourself. :I am strong. I can do this. I can get up and get moving.”
- Look in the Mirror and compliment yourself. I have a beautiful smile and someone needs me to smile at them today.
- Light a scented candle. Changing the surrounding scent can help you relax.
- Go to your Pandora and put on a fun upbeat station you love. Music has a way of speaking to the heart and soul and taking your mind off things.
- Run to your closet and look at all of your beautiful clothes and shoes and get dressed in something nice. When we dress up and get out of our sweats it can help our attitude change.
- If you don’t have anywhere to go run to your box or album of old photos and pull it out. Yes I know you have one so go get it. Sit and with a cup of coco or tea and just reminisce on the cute old photos of your friends and family.
- I love turning on youTube and looking up funny videos
- Getting onto Pinterest and creating a new board of ideas.
- Give someone a hug.
Check Out This Deal!
- Call an old friend you haven’t talked to in a while. That always cheers me up.
- Make a smoothie 🙂 and make one for a friend and deliver it.
- Call your Mom, call your Dad, and your Grandma. My grandma always cracks me up with her daily quotes and stories.
- If you are a parent. Look at the beautiful faces of your children and be grateful you have them in your life.
- You can try watching an old Disney movie. Those always bring a smile to my face.
- Go to the park and watch all the kids and animals playing around.
- Go to the mall and try on hats and take pictures with a friend.
- Remember who loves you and write a list of people you want to talk to this week. Stay close with people who build you up.
- Call your sweetheart and talk for 5 minutes. Make sure you tell them how much you love them and how proud you are to be with them.
- Go out for a walk and talk to every neighbor you see that is out as well. Being neighborly makes everyone feel watched over and loved.
- If you go anywhere make sure you as the cashier how they are and thank them for their service. Give a smile to get a smile 🙂
- Think of all the reasons you are trying to be healthier. Give yourself props for the progress you’ve made and make a new goal for today and go do it.
- Do your workout you planned for today. The endorphins will release and you will feel so much better.
- Stop criticizing your body! You cannot have another one and your body has feeling too. Treat your body with respect starting right now! Look in the mirror and say three compliments.
- Feed your body right! Pick your favorite salad and eat it. You can smile that you have your favorite salad and you are sticking to your goals.
- Make a motivation board on Pintrest! There are so many quotes and good fitness tips out there to help you feel better and start progressing.
- Thank your body for all it gives you. There are so many people that suffer each day with sickness and circumstances out of their control. Be grateful for your health.
- Think of 2 ways you can stick to your goals today and commit to do them. Progress is a daily process. Start today.
- Get outside and go for a walk in the cool crisp fall air and look at all the decorations on the houses in your neighborhood.
- Put on your cute fitness clothes and turn on the music while you organize a part of your home. Being productive and feeling accomplished can make you feel completely different.
- Put on your swimsuit and wash your car. That way you can exercise and clean at the same time.
- Go to Baskin Robins 31 flavors and sample…a few new flavors 🙂
- Read an article about a current issue in your State and read a few more about both side of the issue and open up your mind to the thoughts presented.
- Put the bills aside for a little bit and take a mental break. Read something uplifting and inspiring. I love to read entrepreneurial blogs or a good novel to completely take my mind off finances or stressful paperwork.