Having a difficult time keeping your appetite under control? It can be especially hard to lock down cravings if you’re on the very-low-calorie-diet portion of the HCG protocol. Cravings can come any time of the day (or night), and learning how to control them can make or break your weight loss plans.
The good news is there is a simple tip you can try to avoid cravings. Keep reading to discover it and how it can simplify your weight loss!
Food Out of Sight, Appetite Out of Mind
If you’ve been reading our blog, you know we’re big fans of cleaning out your house if you’re about to start a diet. It’s very difficult to abstain from temptation if you’re constantly being faced with sugars and sweets. Simply throwing (or giving) away your treats can make it easier to stay strong when it’s hard simply because there’s nothing to give into. But what if you’re not tempted by sweets? What if you’re craving fats or carbohydrates or some other non-approved food? There’s a solution!
Pro Diet Tip: Stay Out of the Kitchen!
Because it’s so easy to be tempted and cheat when you’ve constantly faced with food, simply avoid it by staying out of the kitchen! That’s right – make it easy to be strong by avoiding the scene of cravings altogether. There are several things you can do to occupy yourself and stay away from food:
- Exercise! Even if it’s just taking a short walk, physical movement can make it easy for cravings to subside (and keep you far away from food).
- Clean. Who would have thought a diet could make your home cleaner than ever?
- Spend time with your family. Your family may be one of the reasons you’re so set on losing weight. If this is the case, spending time with them is a good way to remind yourself why you’re depriving yourself of treats and sweets in the first place.
- Watch a movie! Grab a blanket, a bottled water, and set yourself up in the living room. Pick a film and enjoy it.
- Go to bed early. Sometimes, when all else fails, you just have to go to sleep a little early to keep yourself from raiding the kitchen. That’s OK. Your body will appreciate teh extra sleep, anyway.
- Remember that hydration is key. Keep sipping on water
- Do the dishes. Once your dishes are done, the thought of dirtying anymore is a major bummer. Once the dishes are done, shut off the light and tell yourself that the kitchen is closed for the night.
- Every time you start craving unhealthy foods, picture them covered in worms. Hopefully that thought makes those foods a little less appetizing.
It’s Not Always”Easy” to Lose Weight, but You Can Make It Easier
We’re not saying that losing weight is easy – sometimes, it’s downright hard – but ultimately you are in control. Decide that your appetite is no match for your will power. If you need a little extra help, we encourage you to try our Appetite Control capsules. They are natural, and approved for the diet. Plus they contain raspberry ketones to help you burn fat!
Remember that our diet coaches are available during business hours to offer support if you’re feeling discouraged: 877-485-1030