The Decision Starts At The Store
Have you ever said to yourself, “I’ll start a diet once I finish this pack of cookies?” Maybe it isn’t cookies, maybe soda, snack cakes, or chips are your weakness. If you’ve tried to justify putting off your diet just one more day in order to indulge in sweets or junk food you know the hard truth; it’s a lie. 99% of the time, you won’t really start your diet once those cookies are gone.
The habit of picking up these little “sweet treats” while at the grocery story has to stop. If there is no candy or junk food around to eat, you won’t eat it. It is a lot harder to have self control when those goods are staring you in the face, or you know they are just behind that cupboard door. We promise it is easier to make the decision to just not buy snack foods that are jam-packed full of calories and sugar and lacking in any nutritional value. This is the key to quitting candy and junk food for good!
Trash Your Treat Stash
So, you may be wondering what you should do with those sweets you have already bought sitting in your pantry? Throw them out! Purging your home from temptation and sweets is a must if you are serious about losing weight. This doesn’t mean eating all of the goods the day before your diet; that’s a pretty good way to ensure you’ll cheat later. Instead, the best way to not eat the treats you already have lying around is to simply get rid of them. Throw it away, give it to friends, or just take it to the office for co-workers to enjoy; it doesn’t matter how you get rid of it as long as it’s gone by the end of the day.
Why do you have to actually give away or throw away your candy instead of eating it?
- It creates a stronger resolve to change your health
- It stops you from postponing your diet forever
- You realize how much power is in your hands when to comes to your health
If you’re serious about weight loss, getting rid of your unhealthy snacks will fill you with motivation, resolve, and the determination you need to actually keep your diet resolution.
Tips For Ditching Those Sweets
Ready to get started with this life transformation and have it actually stick? Here’s how to sweep all those sweets from your home for good.
- Find a friend to help you–it’s always easier with a friend!
- Go through your pantry, bedroom or anywhere else where you may be hiding delicious (but unhealthy) treats. Collect them all.
- Decide where the snacks can go. A good idea is to make three piles depending on what you’ll do with them: trash, friends, or work.
- Deliver the goods and enjoy your temptation-free home!